Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I survived!!!

We all survived the mess of yesterday day! Yeah! Tyler is still home however trying to get his strength back. The girls are in perfect form. They are active again which is good and bad. They are in better moods but are back to fighting over things!!! Can't wait for school tomorrow :)

I started feeling a little sick to my stomach last night but feel better this morning. I CAN'T get sick. It's never okay for the mom to be down. Everything goes crazy if I'm not able to be in control.

The weather has cooled a bit. This morning I opened all the windows in my house and soaked in the cool breeze. Instantly my mood was lifted. Something about the smell of fall just does something to me. I took a moment to sit and just listen to the outside world (kids were watching a movie). The noise of the world rushing by were so familiar and i wondered why I didn't take the time to just sit and listen anymore. I think I get so caught up in the day to day tasks that I forget to "stop and smell the roses". I am definitely a "stop and smell the roses" kind of girl. I remember as a teenager i would hide in my room with a good book and my window open so I could hear the birds chirping, or airplanes flying over head. It's those small quiet moments that do so much to refresh the soul!

Here's hoping I can remember to seek those moments out :)

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, that's what i do every morning, is sit outside on the swing and just be still and listen to the rooster,birds and other nature sounds. But, the secret is you have to wake up early around 6:00 6:15 before anyone else wakes up and that is the perfect time to pray and get a little mediating in. Now, that i'm back at work i will need to wake up even earlier to get the quiet time in the morning, ugh!! But it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete