Saturday, September 5, 2009

Wonderful Utah....

Utah is one of my favorite places to visit! The air smells clean, the mountains are magical and the changing weather keeps me on my toes. We are up here for Swiss Days. There is a huge festival that goes on for two days with many things creative, handmade items to buy but the best part is the pancake breakfast. For a small fee, you are given two of the biggest pancakes I've ever seen, (they actually fall over the edges of your plate) smothered with butter and syrup ,two fried eggs, and two pieces of grilled ham. Not to mention all the other food that is available at your finger tips, warm gooey brownies, fried bread topped with honey or jam, all kinds of homemade cookies, Carmel apples that crunch with every bite...my list could go on and on!

The celebration of Swiss days also includes a parade put on by the locals. It is mostly older people marching up and down the main street but the kids love it because of the handful after handfuls of candy that is thrown at them.

I was proud of myself for not spending very much money. Just some new bows and church shoes for the girls.

I have to give a special shout out to my wonderful husband who took the girls the rest of the afternoon so I could hang out with my mom, sister and mother - in -law. It was a wonderful day and I' m sad that we must leave tomorrow. I will miss Utah....maybe one day I'll be able to talk Aaron into "living" up here.....or at least getting a second home up here....though who knows when that could happen!

The summer is offically over and I am a little sad to see it go, though I am ready for the cool crisp air that comes with fall, the best season of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment