Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Changing Seasons....

Today I can almost feel Fall just around the corner. It is by far my most favorite season! I took the girls to the park today with my sister Michelle and it was so wonderful to be able to play outside and not get sweaty from the heat! Garments and Summer weather do NOT mix well!

With the change in the weather getting closer I am already anticipating the many seasonal parties, crisp cool air, orange and red leafs, rain storms, baking treats, fall clothing, snow boarding, etc. Isn't it wonderful that the earth brings change with it. It seems like by the time a certain season rolls around, I am sooo ready for the change! Funny, how in my daily life a part of my craves change while the other part wants to soak in every minute with my kids.

As I watched the girls play at the park, I had such a sense of fulfillment come over me. I love them SO much and yet they can drive me to the brink of insanity. Yesterday, Maire was in my face ALL day saying "Ba ba" (bottle). I literally gave her probably five bottles of milk and by the early evening she was still begging for more! By six o'clock I lost it. I was trying to clean the house for a dinner with our friends and the missionaries. As I started to mop the floor, Maire started in again, McKenzie was crying about something else and Tyler had the T.V volume on full blast. As my nerves began to rattle I tried to tune everything out but when Maire grabbed a cup full of water off the table and spilt it all over the floor, I LOST it!

I took the mop and slammed it onto the ground, ( of course breaking it!) . In an instant the room got quite as my children looked at me and tried to assess the situation. Feeling terrible about losing my temper, I took everyone into the playroom, put on a movie and locked the door behind me.

I knew i needed a few moments to myself. Luckily once everyone got to the house for dinner I was feeling a little bit better! So again I wonder, I can something so wonderful as Motherhood be so hard at the same time??

I guess what it comes right down too, Anything worth while is going to take a lot of hard work.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment