Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First day of school Blues.....

This morning while I was doing my dreaded morning run on the treadmill, I tuned into the "View". One of the co-host spoke about how hard it was leave her four year old child at preschool. The women started to discuss how it can be so hard and that the first day of school is often filled with tears. Not from the child, but the parent.

So as I dropped my girls off to their first day of preschool I pondered if the fact that i was excited and relieved to have a few hours to myself made me a "bad" mother??? Even with Tyler, I never cried!! Not even for a second!

Who are these mother 's that are crying?? I don't think its bad in anyway...but I wonder what makes one mom cry and the other do "cartwheels" out the door??

Girls had a great time! No bad reports from teacher which I am sooo thankful for. Let's up this is a start to a great year for them!

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Well, Kristen, I have to admit that after I dropped off Bonnie at preschool yesterday I cried a little bit on the way home. But I'm already thinking of all the different things I can do while she is there twice a week.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like mother, like daughter. My favorite commercial is from Staples and the dad is singing while pushing the cart thru the store because he is so happy to be shopping for back to school for his kids. I use to love my summers with all of you, but i sure was ready when school started for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete