Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why must I force my kids into having fun?

Summer is almost over and I decided to head out to the Spectrum in Irvine to give the kids one last chance to play in the water fountains there. Of course it took me twenty minutes just to convince them that we were going somewhere fun. Tyler was upset that he couldn't spend ALL day playing his video games and the girls just wanted to go in the pool.

However, I was determined that we were going to get out the house since we did not yesterday. After basically tackling the girls to the ground to dress them and begging my son to be happy, we finally were on our way. As I drove I started to have a sick feeling in my stomach that maybe I should have just stayed home. I mean, why go through all this trouble if they want to stay home? Problem is, when we do stay home, they fight the whole time and destroy the house!!!

In the end it ended up being a great afternoon. The girls had a blast eating pizza, playing in the water and chasing the birds. Tyler took a while to warm up to the idea of having "fun", (crazy kid) but once he changed his attitude for the better, I saw that old familiar smile that just melts my heart.

Just a side note: I am on full biting alert! McKenzie bit Maire three times yesterday and already once today. Poor Maire has bite marks all over her body and McKenzie is spending her day's in the time out chair! Lets just hope she doesn't get kicked out of preschool. Oh......please....don't get kicked out of school!!!

Motherhood is all about surviving the storm. I know one day soon these crazy days will be a distant memory....

No comments:

Post a Comment