Monday, September 14, 2009

Pain....a common bond

This morning I was able to help out in Tyler's classroom. I LOVE his new teacher. I've heard she is just as forgetful and disorganized as I am. Great! Now when I forget one of the million's of papers that will come home this year, I won't feel like such an idiot! I heard that she forgets that you've even given her the papers! We are going to make quite a pair!

While spending time with her this morning, the subject of infertility came up. This is something I am very used too since having twins often sparks this topic. I was surprised to find out that like me she struggled for years to conceive until she finally adopted two beautiful children. The instant I heard her story I felt a kinship to her. She didn't have to describe the pain and heartache that she had gone through....I was well acquainted with it.

It reminded me that now matter who we are we've all been touched with sorrow and that when we find someone who has walked that path as well, there is a bond that no one else can understand.

This is one of the big reason I am writing my book "multiply and Replenish". When I was struggling with infertility, though there was many wonderful books on the subject, I never found one dealing specifically with being L.D.S and dealing with it. In the L.D.S world, our culture is so different from the outside world. Families are so important to us. I wanted someone to tell me how they got through the doubts in faith, prayer, the Lords will , etc. I never did find one, hence, that is why I decided to write it! Thankfully I'm only a few months away from being done. I have the best proof reader right now who is helping me out so much! (you know who you are)

I hope that through my hard earned lessons, I can soften the tears of those who are currently living through one of the darkest times.

Pain is a natural part of life,but it's nice that no matter what we go through...most likely someone as been there before. Let us all lend a hand to lift those who need it!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment