Monday, September 28, 2009

Throw up + Poop = A lot for Mom to Do...

It all started Saturday night while Aaron and I were out on a couples date. I received a call from our babysitter that Marie had just thrown up. "Okay" I thought, maybe she ate dinner too fast. she had been acting fine all day. Just as I as about to tell our sitter to just put her to bed, Aaron informed me that Marie had been complaining of a "hurt tummy" earlier that day. So with that bit of information, I knew something was up. We came home, took care of Marie and then everyone went to bed.

Thankfully we made it through the night with no incidents, but as the morning sun rose, so did the vomit from Marie! So it was no church for her! As the day wore on I was waiting for one of the other kids to get sick. I mean if one comes down with something it is going to spread like wildfire. Finally, last night around 10 pm, Tyler woke up sick! I knew it was going to be a long night when about every 15 mins he was throwing up. It lasted this way most of the night added with diarrhea! The poor kid probably has lost ten pounds, and believe me it needs so pounds.

With the night behind us and Tyler finally able to fall asleep around 7 am I checked on the girls. To my dismay Marie was burning up with a fever and McKenzie had vomited in her crib. So this is how the day as gone, kids throw up, I clean up, kids want water, fine for an hour or so, then the cycle starts again. Luckily Tyler is able to get himself to the toilet.

The only bright spot in this whole situation is that at least they all got it at the same time! It would be worse if this sickness had dragged on for the whole week!!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment