Sunday, September 20, 2009

From Norte Dame to Bears Game....

What a Sunday we have had! Since we have been in the city for three days now we decided to rent a car and get out of town. We drove an hour and a half away to Norte Dame college. It was way worth the drive. The campus is beautiful. Aaron's dream come true was being able to tour the football field. We just happen to see a worker who let us in and then drove us around in his little golf court and let us take pictures of whatever we wanted.

After walking around the campus for a bit, we found the mess hall and ate a delicious lunch. There was so many different things to choose from. Unable to decide I got a bunch of things, tacos, bread and butter, grilled cheese, grapes, cheese omelet, and ice cream. I have to admit i was a little embarrassed walking around with a pile of food on my plate. But each bite was wonderful!

Next we drove back to the hotel, dropped off the car and made the twenty-minute walk to Solider stadium. Aaron pretty much wanted to sprint there, so I made him give me my ticket and we parted ways. I took a lovely walked through the park, watching the leaves begin to fall. I was defiantly in no hurry to get to the game. Once I finally arrived and found my seat it wasn't ten minutes later that the skies opened up and it began to pour! "Um... I think I'm done" I stated and Aaron gave me taxi money so I could come back to the Hotel.

On the ride back, my taxi driver who was speeding on the newly wet ground, took a turn too quickly and skidded out of control. Luckily I had my seat belt on, which i never do in cabs but something told me to put it on. Thankfully, he gained control again and dropped me safely at the hotel!

Anyhow I am so ready to get home to my children who I know have totally exhausted my sister and mother! Chicago has been the best but nothing is like HOME!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment