Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Down time!

So I figure the best time for me to write is in the late afternoon when the girls go down for a nap....though it's been fifteen minutes and I can still hear them talking to each other! I hope they go to sleep. I need a least an hour of "mommy time" to get through the rest of the day.

This morning Tyler asked for cinnamon rolls and since i didn't have any of the store bought ones I decided to make them by hand. I got creative. Instead of the white flour I used whole wheat flour. Plus when I went to go make the glaze I realized I was all out of powder sugar. As I scrimmaged through my cupboards looking for something I could use for a glaze I had the "bright" idea to melt butter and chocolate and drizzle it over the rolls. I have to say that they turned out pretty good and the best part was that the house smelled GREAT! I wish I had the energy to bake every day! It's not that i don't like cooking, I just HATE cleaning up the mess!

For the few of you who know that I'm writing a book, I 'd like to inform you that I am only days away from being finished with the final edit! I'm so excited. This book has taken me two years to write since I've rewritten it twice! A writer is never pleased with her work!! The book is going to be discussing my journey with Infertility and how difficult that was. However, it is not written in Memoir form. It is written as a novel. Here is just an excerpt from the first page:

The day was July 2oth, 2007. I awoke from yet another night of consistent tossing and turning. Sleep seemed to be an unattainable goal for me these days. I was now thirty-seven weeks pregnant with twin girls and very uncomfortable. Actually uncomfortable was an understatement. I was miserable. I had never before faced such physical adversity. The moment my eyes popped open, I sensed the something was wrong.....

Stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment