Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Single Mother for the Weekend....

I survived the whole weekend without a husband!!! In fact, it wasn't that bad at all. Usually when Aaron goes out of town the girls get sick and the days are miserable. I think this is the first time that no one got sick, I slept good at night and never once did I feel overwhelmed with doing it ALL by myself. I'm so proud of myself!

Now that everyone is in school our days are running so much better. I actually have time to "think". Of course now that Aaron is home I am putting him on full "Daddy Duty"! I even saved to dirty diapers for him to change tonight. Sure the girls had to "sit" in it for about fifteen minutes until Aaron came home, but I figured that my shift was over and if they don't mind, then I wasn't going to worry about it. Horrible I know! Hey, I never said I was a perfect mother!

We had two baby blessing today and for a moment I thought about having another child. Every now and then this thought will cross my mind but soon I come to my senses. No way can I handle another child right now! I'm just starting to find my way again. It has made me wonder , How does one know they are finally done having children?? Is it one of those things that you just know? Is the desire gone? Or do you just make the decision on what you think you can handle as a mother?

My head hopes I am done but every now and then my heart questions it......

Kristen

1 comment: