Friday, September 4, 2009

Utah or Barf...

What a trip we had getting up here. We decided to drive during the night hoping the girls would sleep all the way up. Uh...How wrong we were. First of all , we didn't get on the road until 1o pm and by the time we had made it to Victorville, Maire got car sick and vomited all over herself and Tyler, who in turn almost hurled as well. Also we had a full car with me, husband, kids and both of my parents who we stuffed in the way back (sorry mom and dad).

By the time we pulled over and got Maire cleaned up we had a feeling that maybe we should just turn around. But we love punishment so we decided to push on. Thing calmed down around 1 am when the girls FINALLY fell asleep. Though they would wake up every twenty-minutes and cry. I think the bad shocks on the car was waking them up. Driving in that car was like being on the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. (we got new tires today! )

Around 7:30 we were twenty mins. away from Provo when Maire vomited again....this time it was worse. So after pulling over and cleaning her up , we again went on our merry way. We also bought some air freshener since the car stunk!

Around 8:00 we dropped my now very tired parents off at my aunts house and before heading up the canyon to my in-laws house, we decided to hunt down some food. We were all starving. Needless to say that took us a while to do, not much was open. While hunting for food, McKenzie suddenly vomited all over herself. By now we knew the routine well : pull over, undress child, wipe child down, wipe car seat , take dirty clothing and blankets and stuff into the trunk.

By the time we found food, we decided to not give anything to the girls. We were not taking any chances. But we weren't so lucky, for just as we were about to enter the canyon, McKenzie vomited again. I turned around in my seat to help catch some of the vomit with a tee- shirt and to my horror she projected vomit so far that some landed in my MOUTH.! For an instant I thought for sure I was going to lose it! I started to scream, Aaron screamed at me to catch the vomit and then had to slam on his brakes which in turn made me lose my balance, slam into the passenger door and break our handle off!!

Let me just say I think from now on we will be flying to Utah!!!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Indiana Jones ride to Utah! It was a journel writting experience, hey wait a minute i don't have a journel, but i guess i better get one or else i will forget when i get old! Let me know when you go on your next rode trip to Utah, count me in, i love adventures!! J/K

    ReplyDelete