Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's my body and I'll cry if I want too.....

Lately I have been thinking about those last ten pounds that i have been trying to lose since....well lets face it, ever since my first pregnancy. But let me tell you those twins did a number on my stomach!!! If you ever want to feel better about yourself, ask to see my sagging midriff! Anyways everyday i wake up wonder how i am going to lose the weight. I try and eat good, in fact I think I eat pretty well, but I do know I have a few snacks here and there.

about a week ago, I thought I would control my portions. Which actually works but then an hour after a meal I was hungry! Okay, so then I tried to not eat past 6 pm. This actually had me dropping some weight as well. However, going to bed starving is not my idea of living. I tried the no carbs thing and years ago that worked for me, but i ate so many eggs that it takes a lot for me to eat them now. (I think I over did it)

Exercise has always been key and I've ALWAYS exercised. But i do struggle going beyond forty mins. For a few weeks last year I was running for at least an hour every other day. I dropped five pounds and felt wonderful. however, I can't keep that up. I get soooo bored and just the though of having to exercise for an hour does mind tricks to me. So I've settled on forty- mins. I also do weights twice a week , but i think I'm going to up that to three. I need to make sure I have more muscle. Muscle burns fat right???

Anyways, Today I decided that enough was enough. I'm going to embrace those ten extra pounds! I'm so sick of worrying about them. So my stomach is a little Rollie....um my husband still can't get enough of me!!! (really I'm serious!) Plus, nothing can be done about the extra skin until I'm done having kids and have it removed. (Oh , you know I'm doing that!!)

So today I say " Body I love you! I love that you gave birth to 3 beautiful children, that you can show "love' to your husband, I love that you have carried me through this life with ease, I love that you are healthy and let me accomplish my dreams!!

Lest I forget this mantra, I think I'm going to write it on my bathroom mirror.

Kristen

P.S Just remember when we see some skinny, bubble butt twenty something's walk by....One day she'll look as good as we do!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment