Friday, October 23, 2009

Bonnie Hunt Show & Picture Day!

Yesterday I missed posting because I was at ....wait for it... The BONNIE HUNT SHOW! Okay, I know a lot of you are thinking right about now "Who the heck is Bonnie Hunt?" Think cheaper by the Dozen mom...and lots of other movies I can't think of right now...oh wait..Jerry McGuire (totally spelling that wrong but I can't remember how to spell it) She 's the sister.

Anyways, I took two of my best friends who are my sister Michelle and my friend Cheri. It was a loooong taping and half the time we didn't even know who the guest were but it was fun! We got to sit front row! (ya know that's where they put all the cute girls!!) J/K. The show fed us the best hot dogs ever and Mug root beer! Plus, there was a cooking segment with the "pioneer woman". She has a blog that i just love now. So we got chocolate cake and also a FREE cookbook! In all it was an awesome 8+ hours (between driving there, show, dinner and back)

Dinner was another story. We saw a cute Italian restaurant and decided that we would try it even though one of the locals told us to go to another restaurant. Ugh! We should have listened to him. The service was terrible. We were seated ten mins before anyone came by. We never really knew who our waiter was because random people would take our order, fill our drinks etc. Plus the food was nothing special. Chili's would have been a better dinner! Needless to say My sister Michelle was not impressed. A server herself, she decided to leave a "nice" little note and a VERY, VERY small tip. Cheri ran out of the restaurant as fast as she could not wanting to have to angry man chase her down I guess. But we had a good laugh on the way back to the car. Girls we will have to do it again soon.

Picture Day:
I hate picture day. The kids NEVER look right! I try not to stress but with girls it's just so different than getting a boy ready. I had to comb and curl their hair just right, make sure their cute bows matched their dresses and so on. Once i finally had them all ready, we rushed out the door (running late like always) and as I started to get the car seats ready I turn around to find that BOTH , not just one, girls somehow fell into the MUD! I have no idea how they did this but their legs and hands were covered. I just had to start laughing. It was so ridiculous! I wiped them down with a wipe the best I could and took them to school. However, I did give the teacher a disclaimer that, "no my kids were not dirty because I didn't' bath them....they just happened to decided today was mud day!" We will see in a few weeks how the pics turned out!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment