Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moments of Clarity....

I was in a funk yesterday and had nothing to say!! I know...weird! Today I am trying to get in the swing of Halloween, though half of my stuff is upstairs in the attic and I have been asking my dear husband to get things down for three days now. I tried to do myself but "it's scary" up there in the dark with all the spiders and who knows what other creepy crawly things!

So like I mentioned earlier, yesterday found me in a bit of a funk. To tell you the truth i've been like that off and on for a few days now. It happens after a trip out of town. I'm always so excited to get home but then the mundane things of everyday life set in. Sometimes I find that I forget how blessed I am! I think that change is the answer and then I get that stuck in my head until it drives me crazy! Yesterday I ended up watching an episode of Oprah and she had a family dealing with a child who had severe mental illness. Those of you who saw the show, know exactly what I am talking about.

Anyhow by the time the hour was over I felt terrible for being a "brat" and thinking that I needed something else then other than what I have. Sure my life is never perfect but I am healthy, my kids are healthy, Aaron is healthy (beside a bad back) and my extended family is well. Really there isn't more I can ask for. I'm grateful for those little moments that throw me back into the reality of how blessed I truly am.

I'm thankful that I have a Heavenly Father who is willing to put up with my moments of ungratefulness and welcome me back with open arms every time!

Kristen

P.S anyone having a hard time with their kids Math?? I've found the Internet to be very helpful. Tyler and I are learning second grade math together!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment