Friday, October 9, 2009

Lost my mind...among other things....

Both Maire and McKenzie are in "great moods" today!! I knew it was going to be a rough day when McKenzie started crying within ten minutes of being up this morning. Thankfully, It was a school day so I glad'y got them ready for school and dropped them off as early as I could!

Mommytime was spent by picking up the house, forty minutes of exercise and then a much needed trip to Target. My mood was great when it was time to get the girls. However, within moments it came crashing down! Here's how the last hour went.

I picked up girls from school. They were all smiles and waving goodbye to the staff. On our way out of the front we passed the "library". McKenzie saw a book she wanted. She grabbed it and was insisting that we take it home. I "kindly' told her that the book had to stay. She preceded to plop herself down and the ground and not move. I can't do much with another kid in my arms so I took Maire to the car and went back for McKenzie. Once i took the book away the real crying began. As I try to hold a wiggly two year old who is almost 40 pound!! I realized my shirt was half way down exposing my bra and garments. However, there was not much I could do so I just waved to the staff that was now staring at my struggle and dragged my little "princess" to the car. Once in the car she was upset about the movie that was playing! Meanwhile little Maire sat quietly and smiled the whole way home :)

As we walked into our home things seemed to have calmed down. I put on a cartoon for them to watch for a few minutes before nap time. While removing both of their shoes McKenzie again lost it. She wanted only her shoes off NOT her socks as well.

By now I have had it! She is two years old!! She can't get specific like that. Until she can dress and undress herself she needs to "deal' with it.
As her crying only grew louder I gave three warning about how the crying had to stop. Finally I couldn't handle it anymore and ran up to her and squeezed her cheeks together and told her to STOP!

Feeling out of control myself i decided it was nap time! It has been ten minutes since I "threw" her in her crib and I can still hear her having a fit. But I don't care....I'm in the guest bedroom writing and taking DEEP breaths!! Mom must keep herself sane at all times! If i really lose it....well then we are all done for!!!

kristen

1 comment: