Friday, April 23, 2010

THe universe doesn't seem to be happy unless I'm covered in blood!!

Dear Readers,
My poor little McKenzie has done it again! It seems that she is definitely going to be accident friendly. During lunch this afternoon I set both girls at the table to eat while I snuck in the living room to catch some scripture reading. Hadn't done it in the morning yet and i was feeling like my crazy day was only going to get worse unless i got the "spirit"! I was only three versus in when I hard the loud bang of a chair falling. i held my breath to see if a cry was going to follow...it did! Though it was more of a scream than a cry.
I ran to the kitchen to find McKenzie face down on the floor . I pick her up to find she has blood oozing from her mouth. Remember she is my bleeder. Once she starts it's hard to get her to stop! I grab a towel stick it in her mouth because now I'm getting blood on me. I check her front teeth to make sure they are still in tacked and the move on to other body parts to see if anything else it hurt.
With the outside checking out, I pull the towel from her mouth and try and find where all the blood is coming from, praying with all my heart that she hasn't bitten so far through her tongue that she will need stitches.
Of course she is very upset that I'm trying to look in her mouth. I have her drink a glass of water in an effort to clear the settling blood from her tongue so I can check the wound. As she drinks the cup fills up with a mixture of blood and water. YUCK! She takes on swallow and gags it right back up. I don't blame her! Finally I rush to the freezer for my old remedy for mouth sores, ICE CREAM! It takes up a few minutes but she finally finishes the ice cream and lets me take a peak at the damage.
The very back of her tongue show indents from her four back molars but nothing that won't heal on its own. Plus she has a pretty nasty bump on her chin! My poor girl! She has got to learn to be more careful" I tell her.
She promises she will !
We'll just see about that!
Kristen

1 comment:

  1. holy freakin cow..........my poor little "mckenzie" ha ha:) gosh, that could have gone so much worse... yikes!!

    ReplyDelete