Monday, April 26, 2010

universe and me still at Odds?

Dear Readers
This is how my last 12 hours went. 10pm- me bed (alone aaron out of town) 11pm McKenzie cries . She finally has caught the cold Maire has been dealing with the past few days. I get her back to sleep and drag myself back down to the couch (where I sleep when Aaron is gone, with my pepper spray I might add!) 12am- McKenzie crying again. I see what's the matter, give her some medicine and get her back to sleep. Again I drag myself down to the couch. 1am- more crying but this time I just listen until she stops...terrible mom! 3:30 am- again with the crying and again I listen until it stops but this time I have to get up because now my head is pounding and I'm so stuffed up that i can't breath. I caught the cold!
Finally, able to get some sleep until time to get son up for school. Things were then going well until I announced to the girls we needed to go to the store for more milk and medicine! All Heck broke loose. No one wanted to get dressed but McKenzie was the worst. She had me rolling around on the floor with her with my legs wrapped around her waist trying to keep her still so I could get her dress over her head. But that girl is freaky strong! Every time I got the dressed pulled over she somehow managed to get it off. Add to this that Maire thought I was hurting McKenzie who was screaming at the top of her lungs, started to hit with with any toy she could find crying for me to stop! It was madness I"m telling you! After ten minutes of this struggle, i grabbed my cell phone, ran to Tyler's bedroom and locked the door. I sent a 911 call to my neighbor who said she could come over so that I could run to the store.
Right after that call was placed guess who comes knocking on the bedroom door carrying her dress asking me to put it on??? Yep, my little devil McKenzie who then started to have a fit because now she couldn't go "bye bye"!
Ugh! i hate when my children are sick! Lord help me today!!!

kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment